Thursday, February 21, 2019

Those Darn Kids

I was wondering why children are called kids and I still wondering. The most common answer is because they sound the same? the one I'd go with over that is from the German word for children which is kinder,but none of that has anything to do with today's post since it's about people's take on childhood.
There are three terrible ages of childhood-1-10,10-20 and 20-30. Cleveland Amory
It would seem that something which means poverty,disorder and violence every single day should be avoided entirely,but the desire to beget children is a natural urge. Phyllis Diller
When I was a girl I only had two friends and they were imaginary. And they would only play with each other. Rita Rudner
Have you any idea how many kids it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen? Three. It takes one to say,"What light?" and two more to say,"I didn't turn it on." Erma Bombeck
Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going. Phyllis Diller


No comments:

Post a Comment