Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Scents Sense?

When I first heard that they had made man candles it didn't make sense as most men aren't big into burning candles,but out of curiosity I had to see what was being offered. Some of these sound like they would be an improvement on the terrible perfume scented candles that are overpowering and tend to make me cough,but other scents didn't seem like anything a person would want to smell other than from the original source. Bacon scent is one that is offered that I don't think would translate well to a candle,in fact I only enjoy the first few whiffs of bacon cooking then it isn't so enjoyable. The other offerings are "First Down","2x4","Riding Mower","Movie Night",and "Man Town". Apparently these actually sell fairly well,but since they bring them out around Father's Day my feeling is they are bought as gifts for men rather than by the men themselves. I would like to see candles scented like garlic,baking bread,leather and rain but since I don't shop for candles for all I know these scents may already be available.
Yankee Candle has added a bacon-scented candle to its Man Candles lineup this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment