Thursday, July 25, 2013

Words From the Wise?

In case you are new to this blog and haven't noticed my fondness for malapropisms (aka Dogberryisms) I will remind everyone once again...these things crack me up! The balance of the ones I am including today come from Texas,which I am confident must rate near the top,if not at the top of this country as malapropism capital of the nation. So without further ado let us begin!
"Lemme give ya' a hypothetic" TX. Rep. Renal Rosson. "Ain't nothin' in the middle of the road but yellow stripes and dead armadillos." TX. Agricultural Commissioner Jim Hightower as are the following: "Oh good. Now he'll be bi-ignorant" (said when told that Governor Bill Clements had been studying Spanish) "If ignorance ever goes to $40 a barrel,I want drillin' rights on that man's head" (discussing George Bush's policies) The following are all courtesy of Gib Lewis TX. House Speaker: "And now will y'all stand and be recognized?" (to a group of handicapped people in wheelchairs) "I am filled with humidity". "If it's dangerous to talk to yourself,it's probably even dicier to listen." "This is unparalyzed in the state's history." "I want to thank each and everyone of you for having extinguished yourselves in this session." "There's a lot of uncertainty that's not clear in my mind."
Kind of scary to think of these people running a state!
A portrait shot of a smiling older male looking straight ahead. He has short gray hair, and is wearing a dark navy blazer with a blue styled tie over a white collared shirt. In the background is an American flag hanging from a flagpole.George H. W. Bush, President of the United States, 1989 official portrait.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment