Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Time Flies

"Time flies like an arrow;fruit flies like a banana"-Groucho Marx. I have always enjoyed that quote and it is so true. I came across a banana museum which wasn't too odd as it seems like there is a museum for everything under the sun but what struck me as odd was it is located in Auburn,Washington where the chances of growing bananas is somewhere between slim and none. I never found an explanation why it is located in Auburn but they have quite a collection of banana related items. Have you ever heard of Anna Banana Soda? I hadn't,apparently it was less than popular. The same person that created artwork for Campbell's Soup Co. also did the Soda artwork. Another point of interest is the first country in the world to use self adhesive stamps was Tonga and in case you were asleep at the wheel,the stamps depicted bananas. The same group that wrote the song "Yes! We Have No Bananas" wrote another novelty song titled "Please No Squeeza da Banana" (I wonder if this is where the "Please Don't Squeeze the Charmin" commercial came from?) To bring this blog around full circle I will include the Banana Band Sweet Music harmonica,that was supposedly featured in a Marx Brothers film.

No comments:

Post a Comment