Friday, November 29, 2013

Blondie

I've been wondering if anyone else has noticed how mental associations seem to change at different ages? The memories that used to come automatically now need triggers to retrieve the wanted information and sometimes the things that induce the memory are too obscure to follow to the origin,but enough about that.
My cat's name is Blondie and I've always connected her name with the rock group of the same name but never (until a couple of days ago) with the comic strip. No idea why that is, as she isn't like either one of those two. Then I read about the beginning of the comic strip,before Blondie was married and that Blondie character sounded about right. Blondie Bumstead's maiden name was Boopadoop and she was a carefree flapper girl who spent her days (and I imagine nights) in dance halls (that would be more my Blondie's style). Blondie then marries her boyfriend Dagwood,the son of wealthy parents. Dagwood's parents disapprove of his choice of spouse and disinherit him,after that Blondie became the sensible head of the household. All the years of reading that strip and I only recently learned the back story,not that it makes it any less funny,but hard to picture none the less.
Blondie Logo 2007.png

No comments:

Post a Comment