Sunday, April 12, 2015

Wonder Who

I know I did a post way back on Wonder Woman's creator,William Marston,who also created the lie detector, and how that in turn connected Wonder Woman's magic lasso that forced people to tell the truth. I recently discovered more about Wonder Woman's background that unless I've slipped a cog was new information to me. Marston was a psychologist who had a wife and mistress. He fathered children with both women and they all secretly lived together (in the early 1940s). The new piece of information is Wonder Woman was inspired by Marston's mistress's aunt,Margaret Sanger,the birth control and women's rights activist. This information both explains some parts of the Wonder Woman character to me,but at the same time leaves more questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment