Monday, June 15, 2020

Literary Not So Greats

Found some share worthy quotes on literature today,enjoy!
This is not a book to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force. Dorothy Parker
I am sitting in the smallest room of the house. I have your review before me. It will soon be behind me. Max Reger
My wife pleased me by laughing uproariously when reading my manuscript,only to inform me that it was my spelling that amused her. Gerald Durrell
I found nothing wrong with Gertrude Stein's autobiography except her poor choice of subject. Clifton Fadiman
I don't think anyone should write their autobiography until after they're dead. Samuel Goldwyn
The great American novel has not only already been written,it has already been rejected. Somerset Maugham
Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it. P.J. O'Rourke
I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train. Oscar Wilde



No comments:

Post a Comment