Sunday, January 23, 2022

Little Runaway

Has anyone tried the robotic vacuum cleaners? They don't work quite as advertised,for instance one recently escaped its territory in a motel in the UK and took to the streets. It was gone a day and given up as lost/stolen when a grounds worker found it under a hedge. I have one I no longer use since it is temperamental at best, I had to quit using it in the living room since all it wanted to do was try to mate with a cat toy or become trapped in the laundry room. They claim that neither of those things can happen because it has sensors that prevent it from climbing or going lower to keep it from falling down stairs. I finally resigned it to cleaning my bedroom where at first it spent the entire time under the bed which was fine since that meant I didn't have to move the bed to clean,but then it got tired of that and started sending beeping messages saying either it needed emptying or that the door to the emptying compartment was open plus a code for an error that had no name. So yes,I totally believe that the one in the news story had a nefarious plan but not enough battery to complete the operation. 





No comments:

Post a Comment