Monday, November 10, 2014

Oops!

I am ashamed to admit that I hadn't ever noticed that Veterans Day wasn't a Monday holiday...in my defense we didn't get Monday holidays before I retired,in fact the only holidays we had off were the Big 5. In case there is anyone else out there that doesn't know how Veterans Day works,this is your lucky day. The federal holiday coincides with the time and date of an armistice between Germany and the Allied nations that ended WWI. The ceasefire went into effect in the 11th hour of November 11,1918. If Veterans Day falls on a Saturday the holiday is observed on Friday. When November 11th is a Sunday it is observed the following Monday. I would now like to thank all you Veterans and apologize for my ignorance.
vet-day-1
vet-day-4

No comments:

Post a Comment