Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Book Abuse

One of my biggest pet peeves is the poor handling of books,there is no justifiable excuse for it. I even told an acquaintance once that I wouldn't loan her any books because of her habit of mauling them,really, she even took them into the tub with her and often dropped them in the water,but I digress. Today's book abuser is no simple case of dog earing a page here and there he went so far as to cut his large sized books in half in order for them to fit in his luggage more easily,and referred to it as book murder so on some level he knew it was wrong. There are so many options to this problem,he could have used a Kindle or other electronic reader,or he could have brought a smaller book. To me a book is meant to be enjoyed by as many people as possible before it is worn out,though many argue it is only paper. To those folks I say,"it's only paper if you don't read the words."

View image on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment