Monday, February 24, 2014

Not Task Oriented

In the past I posted a blog about the CIA (in the 1960s) implanting a microphone and transmitter on a cat for spying purposes,after spending $20 million on the project the cat (female) was hit by a taxicab on the way to her first assignment. I am not implying that cats are untrainable or stupid,cats are simply tuned in to their own needs and desires. I was recently surprised again when I read about a Belgian village in the 1870s training 37 cats to deliver the mail. The plan was to wrap waterproof mailbags around their necks...do I need to mention it didn't work? If it were my cats the first thing they would do is ditch the mailbag,followed by some form of entertainment,then they would find a nice spot to curl up and nap...later in the day they would meander home in search of a meal and another nap. I can't say that I have ever met a cat that didn't seem like it had been born into a Cat Union where the first rule was "will not work as directed"!
NewImage

No comments:

Post a Comment