Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pat the Butt

Sorry,I couldn't resist a title pun for today's post,and now I am tempted to say this post cracks me up,but in the interest of keeping things on a somewhat tasteful level I will cease and desist or at least that is my intention. Patrick (Pat) the butt is a virtual patient developed for medical students to practice prostate exams on. Patrick is equipped with force sensors that measure how much pressure is being used. Patrick also provides interaction with the students allowing them to work on their bedside manner. An earlier model robotic butt had the ability to clench up if the probing became too distressful. I know this is a wonderful medical tool but I can't help but see the humorous side of this invention.
Prostate Simulator

No comments:

Post a Comment