Monday, April 7, 2014

Chocolate Fruit

At some point I wrote down the words Black Sapote but had no idea why or what they meant when I came across them earlier today,the following is what I found out. The Black Sapote aka,Chocolate Persimmon and Chocolate Pudding Fruit is native to Mexico and can be grown in many areas that are mostly frost free,or have only light frost. The Chocolate Persimmon looks and is shaped like a green tomato,the flesh is dark brown or black with a rich and sweet flavor. It should be picked unripe and left to ripen at room temperature, when ripe it will soften. It is rich in vitamin A and C and can be eaten fresh or used as a chocolate substitute in recipes. I still don't recall where I heard or read about this fruit,but I want to find some and give it a try,it sounds like a chocolate lover's dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment