Saturday, April 26, 2014

Rental Food

This is a really great idea and would be an excellent business to get into if you had the know how and area needed. I am talking about chicken rentals,I don't know if they are available on the West Coast at this time but they seem to be headed in this direction. Australia started renting chickens years ago and it has been catching on in the US since the latter part of the 2000s. The way it works is the various companies bring a coop,2 hens that are already laying,the food and a water dispenser and set it up at your location. The rental season (also the main egg laying season) is from May through November,then the chickens are picked up and kept over the winter,or if you become attached you can purchase your chickens. The price seems a little high to me ($250 for the season) but since it is organic feed it might not be that high,I am not sure on the feed prices. I borrowed a goat years ago to eat the blackberries that were encroaching on my backyard and he was a fun little guy to have around. I sometimes miss my childhood on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment