Monday, April 21, 2014

Upgrade Update

The regular readers among you know that I had to say goodbye to my Windows XP and move into a Windows 7 a few weeks back. I am getting along fine with the Windows 7,but wish I hadn't been forced out of my XP,but I digress,what I really want to talk about today is the way the different Windows have been named over the years. In my memory of computers it was Windows 95,then 98 on to ME and then XP? I am lost on the chronology but you get my drift. How do they decide to name the Windows? is it employee suggestions,or some way that would only make sense to the people developing the different renditions? My personal name for Windows 7 (since there is a Windows 8) would be either Dirty Windows or Cataract Windows,because as any Windows 7 user can tell you when you have more than one window open you can still see a blurry piece of the other one,like looking through a dirty window,or a cataract. It is kind of hard to tell by the pictures I found,but you can get the idea from them. I also think they overlooked the advertising element by not going with Dirty Windows...they could have used the song "Dirty Laundry" (Don Henley) and it would have stuck in everyone's mind,and for those that may have nodded off they may have woke up!
Picture of the selected window on top of other open windows
Picture of the desktop cluttered with open windows

No comments:

Post a Comment