Saturday, May 10, 2014

For What It's Worth

There's somethin' happenin' here
What it is ain't exactly clear.
Great old song written by Stephen Stills and recorded by Buffalo Springfield in 1966,my thoughts today reminded me of those first few lyrics. I will now attempt to explain why. There are a couple of things that have me scratching my head,the first is a letter I received from the local food bank inviting me (and other cash donors) to an Open House with appetizers,wine and non-alcoholic beverages. Maybe it is just me but it doesn't make sense for a food bank to waste precious funds wining and dining people who don't need it in an effort to say "thank you". I neither need nor expect any thanks,even the letter they usually send following a contribution is unnecessary,as the price of postage,cost of paper,printing and envelopes could also be used to feed the hungry. The next puzzling local business maneuver involves a defunct Catholic school which the city parks and recreation department has been renting for classes. The classes are now moving to a new location as the rent was going to be tripled at the old school. To recap,now the building will generate zero income and become an attractive nuisance for vandals and rodents possibly rendering it uninhabitable  for future tenants. Greed is a terrible thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment