Friday, May 16, 2014

Related Item

Frequently when I post my blog related things seem to happen and I find myself following a path that I hadn't noticed before. That is the case with today's post. Yesterday I got to thinking after I posted about there being a research project for nearly anything you could imagine,that why couldn't researchers look into a GPS system for the brain? No,not one to give you directions to a place but one to direct your brain in cases where the brain wasn't getting the signals quite right. I am not sure if it would really be like a GPS so much as it would be a way to conduct the electric impulses over the spots that were either no longer connected or had a faulty connection from the beginning. If something like that was developed it would help millions of people,Alzheimer's patients,stroke,brain injury,autism,the applications could be staggering. They are only scratching the surface in mapping the brain and matching areas to the functions they control,but it would be a wonderful advance in medicine if a device like this could be researched and used to help people live better lives. The scary part is that if they worked like some of the horror stories you hear about people's GPS systems you wouldn't want to rush right out to get one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment