Saturday, June 10, 2017

Warranty You Say?

I've been in need of a new kitchen faucet for awhile so I went down to the plumbing shop yesterday found the faucet I wanted and luckily there was even a plumber available to install it the very same day. While I was looking at the faucets on display I was told that all the Moen models have lifetime warranties. That phrase most always sets me off,but I managed to keep my mouth shut. Seriously what does "lifetime warranty" even mean? and whose lifetime? the item? my life? the life of the house? It has been my experience repeatedly that lifetime warranties aren't worth the paper they are printed on. For instance Tupperware, once a lid splits or whatever happens and you contact Tupperware you will be informed they no longer make that exact piece but for a small (define small) fee you can get a replacement in the newer style and unless you want to brave another Tupperware party there will also be a shipping and handling fee. This same principal has applied to each and every item I have ever tried to apply a warranty to,so why is it that I have an entire drawer devoted to these worthless pieces of paper that have the word warranty on them?
Image result for pictures of warranties
Image result for pictures of warranties

Image result for pictures of warranties

No comments:

Post a Comment