Thursday, September 17, 2020

Futuristic Future

 It really isn't that surprising to find that robots have been programmed to hold conversations to help keep elderly patients mentally active and keep loneliness at bay. This advancement comes at a critical time in that people are living longer so the availability of care givers is stretched thin,plus of course the pandemic made visits from family and friends a danger to the patients. The robots are able to read human emotions from tones of voice and facial expressions and though still in the testing phase they've shown that they make a considerable difference in the mental state of patients after conversing with the robot for 18 hours in a two week period. I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry over this news,though I must admit I spend a lot of time with my electronics and they don't even talk to me! 









No comments:

Post a Comment