Friday, May 7, 2021

Not My Day

 We've all had one of those days when nothing goes right and before noon you're convinced you should go back to bed for your own and everyone else's safety. I have been trying to run down a specific COVID test for travel since February,a lot of that time was spent spinning my wheels but I finally was pointed in a direction by the airline which went through Costco online to get a test which you did yourself then sent back in for the results. I ordered that and begin the wait...it's still not here and neither is an explanation. I checked for local testing and found a lab across the hall from my doctor's office and was scheduled for this morning with a 24 hour turn around time,I got there and they said they were sorry but they couldn't do the test I required after telling me yesterday they could. They suggested that the airport had a tent that did testing and I should check that out. If I had this "correct" information from the start all would be well,but now at the last minute it would take me two trips to Portland in two days and no guarantee the results would be back in time. So I cancelled everything and decided to go to Fred Meyer's to pick up a prescription,it turns out they close the pharmacy from 9-10 a.m. to administer COVID vaccines which would be fine if they made that known though it still begs the question why they had full staff on hand and only two people were working the vaccine line,not even the drive thru was open. Okay,end of rant.  








No comments:

Post a Comment