Sunday, May 6, 2012

Entrapment

Entrapment or entanglement? I will tell you the story and you, my treasured readers, can decide on the title you prefer.
As most of you have noticed I am an animal lover and am delighted to learn about ones I have never heard of,or learn new things about animals that I am familiar with. This love extends to other creatures as well,when I find spiders inside my house I capture them and return them to the outside.
 The entrapment problem is about my front porch. Several years ago I had it partially enclosed so it would be more useful in the rainy months. The problem I didn't foresee is that the bees get trapped in the enclosed part and start beating themselves on the windows,yes the windows open but they can seem to find the openings. I know bees are responsible for a lot of the pollination and many other parts of plant cycles so I can't stand to see them get stuck on my porch. I keep a jar out there and very carefully (I am allergic to them) trap them under the jar then slide a piece of paper between the jar and the window then walk them to the open area and release them. This way I don't feel responsible for the needless death of the bees and can still enjoy my porch guilt free. I know,there are probably many of you out there scratching your heads about now thinking, is she for real?? The answer is yes,I am afraid so!

1 comment:

  1. I have known others who are kind to the insect world - a lady I worked with years ago did the same thing - carefully moved them to the shrubbery outside the office.
    I am not so careful with them, but I don't usually "see" them - they and their webs are higher up on a wall and qualify for my taller hubby's attention. He/she who sees deals~

    ReplyDelete