Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mixed Bag

Today's blog is a mixture of several things that alone didn't have enough substance to make a post,but I found them interesting anyway.
First off an update on the bee situation,I keep thinking that some of the bees that I rescue from the porch are the same ones I have previously rescued,so I was wondering if I should call them repeat offenders,or the less nefarious returning customers?
Next up are a couple of words I ran across that I found interesting. Gambrinous-full of beer,thought to be derived from the mythical Flemish King credited with inventing beer. Vituperation-To rail against abusively;revile;berate.
Lizzie Andrew Borden didn't kill her mother because her mother died when she was 2. Her father remarried 3 years after the death of her mother,and this stepmother is the one she was accused of murdering. I guess the poem just wouldn't have the same rhythm if it used stepmother.
Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her (step)mother forty whacks
When she saw what she had done
She gave her father forty-one.
Since I will be off the air for about a week,I would like to leave you with a quote:By ethical conduct toward all creatures,we enter into a spiritual relationship with the universe.-Albert Schweitzer.
Stay with me my valued readers-"I'll be back!"

No comments:

Post a Comment