Friday, October 24, 2014

Recalcitrant Cat

It will be a year ago come the first of the year when I got a rescue cat from Chicago. Not to stereotype the residents of Chicago,but maybe he is having trouble adjusting to a small town after big city life. First thing he did once he was settled in here was to join a "fight club". I had no idea where he was disappearing to until he came home badly beaten. The neighbors told me that a group of male cats gathered in their backyard hissing,growling and otherwise carrying on. I would have thought with his size (20 lbs at that time) and his extra toes,complete with extra claws would have given him an advantage,but who knows? It could have been a raccoon. I finally managed to get him weaned away from the fight club and he stayed close to home or inside for several weeks,then about a week or maybe closer to two weeks he started disappearing from 8 in the morning until 4 in the afternoon. I had decided he had found a job and was wondering if he knew the correct address so his paychecks would come here instead of his old home. I decided he needed a day off yesterday and didn't let him out at 8. He was more than ready to get out the door and off to work this morning,only to come home within an hour looking like he had taken another minor beating...I guess I don't need to worry about his paycheck anymore,apparently his employer didn't take kindly to his having a day off!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment