Sunday, May 31, 2015

Bizarre Nudes

I have no idea where or when I came across the info for today's post,I only found a few words on a scrap of paper and decided to see where it lead. Between the 1940s and the 1970s several ivy league schools required their freshman to pose for a set of nude photos. The photos were part of a project supposedly to study scoliosis,rickets and posture related deficiencies,but there is evidence that the research was used to study the correlation between body shape and intelligence,similar to a study the Nazis compiled. Some of the students photographed include:George Bush,Diane Sawyer,Meryl Streep,and Hillary Rodham Clinton,and though he wasn't mentioned I wonder if JFK was included in the study? Some of the photos have been destroyed,but many are unaccounted for. If you ever see anything like the following at a garage sale or antique store it would be my suggestion to snap them up!


No comments:

Post a Comment