Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Dead Dollars

I read that Lithuania had recycled their old money and made it into toilet paper. I thought that was an apt way to lay retired money to waste...but it wasn't true,which made me wonder what happens to money once it's pulled from circulation and shredded. I was a little surprised at what I found. Money can't be made back into money as the inks make imperfections. A small portion of the shredded remains are turned into counter tops,insulation,fuel pellets (money to burn!) and Ford (motor company) uses shredded money along with plastic bottles to make bins,trays and seat fabrics. The bulk of our used up money is "deposited" in landfills. The moral of today's post is,if you are chasing the dollar go to the dump!
shredded-currency-and-plaques1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment