Monday, May 4, 2015

Change of Heart

Today's offering still has me scratching my head,it just seems like I am missing a punchline or perhaps one important sentence that would explain it all.
In 2010 a 49 year old man from England was awarded the Portland,Oregon Civilian Medal of Heroism for foiling a bank robbery,so far nothing to strange,but wait there's more! In February of this year he walked into a bank with  a gun and shouted at the tellers to hand over everything they had and made off with $15,703. When the police tracked him down he admitted ,"It's me you want,I just robbed a bank". The police are at a loss for a motive as the man runs a home renovation business and hadn't been in trouble with the law since moving to the states over a decade ago.
My only thought is maybe it is all part of the keep Portland weird campaign!
Haul: Rothwell, a local businessman in Portland, Oregon, allegedly held up a bank in the city with a 9mm pistol and made off with $15,703
Hold-up: Rothwell allegedly took the haul of cash from the Albina Community Bank to the northeast of Portland

No comments:

Post a Comment