Monday, May 18, 2015

To Hoax or Not To Hoax

Perhaps some or even most of you have read about the new mental disorder called Selfitis (the obsessive compulsive taking and posting of selfies). According to the hoax which claimed to have been released by the APA (American Psychiatric Association) there were three levels to the compulsion,borderline,acute,and chronic depending on the frequency the individual indulged their desire. Though the story was originally a hoax excessive selfies can be a sign of latent mental issues such as a need for approval and as with most things the key word is excess. I think I have only tried two selfies EVER,and both attempts were made well before the current saturation that is presented on social media. The only reason I mention my selfie struggle is I most always look terrible in pictures no matter who is on the other end of the camera,so over the years I have taken to avoiding the front of a camera if at all possible.
Taking Too Many Selfies? Don't Worry, It's Not a Disorder
Photo credit: AP

No comments:

Post a Comment