Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Re-purposed Pork

I have been plagued with nosebleeds since I was a child,as I have grown older I have even taken to classifying them as: championship quality,double barrel and basic which explains my interest in today's offering. Treating exceptionally bad nosebleeds with salt cured pork tampons has been around at least since the 1940s but I'm guessing it started before that but went undocumented. As with many older (but successful) medical treatments packing the nasal vaults with salt pork fell out of favor for newer methods but it was recently (2012) resurrected to treat a girl with a bleeding disorder when the newer methods failed to work. Now I'm wondering if I should keep some salt pork on hand for my next round of championship nosebleeds. Nah,I would probably forget what it was for and eat it!
Stop those troublesome nosebleeds with strips of cured pork
pig-214349_640

No comments:

Post a Comment