Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Bottom Feeders

It is entirely possible that I am the only one that didn't know about the Deep Web. Admittedly I had heard a few things but not enough to cause me to look into it, that is until it came up in a book I'm reading. The facts aren't quite right in the book but since it's fiction that is to be expected. I feel naive for never thinking about there being many layers to the World Wide Web, the way it was explained in the book is thinking of a search engine as a fishing net and on the surface are spiky balls that are easy to net,below those are tennis ball which are harder to net but not impossible,further down are billiard balls which are not only heavier but also slick and nearly impossible to get into the net. In the book the Deep Web is made to seem nefarious and nearly impossible to access, but if you want to download special software it can be done. There is also a Dark Web which sounds particularly forbidding but from what I found is mainly a way of obtaining privacy in areas where it isn't offered on the regular Web,and of course most all of the bad stuff a person can imagine can be found on any of the many levels of the internet.


7 comments:

  1. Nicely written and very informative. I never paid much attention to the darknet but you really opened my eyes to it. Nice job! Upvoted Dark Web vpn for torrenting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! It is always a pleasant surprise to hear from readers.

      Delete
  2. This was such a cool article on he Darknet, amazing! I never knew a lot of it, and it doesn't surprise me to know people are buying passports drugs but hacked Paypal accounts didn't make sense but I guess they're open to many varieties of hacks. Pretty crazy place if you ask me, one day I'll venture over to the dark side.
    Joseph Donahue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome hub! I've heard about the darknet but didn't know how to access it. I'm always looking for something different on the internet. Thanks so much! I'm going to pass this info along to others. Great hub.
    CrazyAsk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting topic there. I'd heard about the darknet but never really though about looking into it.
    Kelly Hubbard

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fascinating. I had only ever heard of the idea of a "darknet" in the broadest terms, so I'm glad to have a firmer grasp on the concept. I am intrigued and quite curious.

    Harold Burton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice article. Enjoyed reading and going through the links… However, really I don’t know what I should use it for 😛 May be I can figure it out .
    Paul Brown

    ReplyDelete