Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Charades

The idea for today's post came to me as I was driving this morning and glanced at the car next to me and in that glance I thought I saw the word charade. This caused me to do a double take as I was fairly certain there wasn't a car model named Charade (actually there was for a short time, made by Daihatsu  but it sold poorly in the US). At that point the wheels in the old brain started spinning...I thought what a perfect name for a car designed for those who think they have to always drive the latest model. The Charade would come with a changeable body so it would appear brand new every time you changed out the old body for the new. I had a watch that the rim around the face and band could be changed to several different colors when I was in high school, and no it wasn't a Swatch it was pre Swatch days. If nothing else the Charade might ruin the car leasing market since people wouldn't need to lease in order to appear to be driving a new car. Never mind, it was just a thought.



No comments:

Post a Comment