Saturday, June 25, 2016

Feeling Nostalgic

This one looks like Sissy who was receiving the massage. 
This morning I went to the fairgrounds for an event called Horse Fest. Lately I have been longing for horse contact and missing their smell so I thought what better place to satisfy that yearning. It was a program designed to help those with horses solve their horse related problems such as equine massage and how to train a reluctant horse to load in a trailer. I particularly enjoyed watching the equine massage gal as that was new territory for me, then I began roaming the grounds to pet the available horses (with permission of course). It was a very bittersweet experience as the horses neither smelled the way I recalled nor did their coats feel the way I remember but it was nice being around them just the same. It's funny that when I still had horses I didn't have the time or money to do them justice and now that I have the time and money I'm not sure what I would do if I did have a horse.
I petted one that looked like this named Eba
Image result for pictures of horses

No comments:

Post a Comment