Monday, February 19, 2018

Look What Popped Up

If you'll pardon the pun in the title I'll swear I'm not obsessing over the apparent penis preoccupation in South Korea. Seriously I haven't been looking for penis related stories but several sites I frequent have stories about attractions nearby the Olympic village,one of those attractions is a penis park which is exactly what it sounds like and even the lighthouse in the penis park village is shaped like a penis. From what I have gathered, rather contrary to the abundant condom supply,the penises are a monument to fertility and born of a legend involving a virgin and a fish? I suppose if I were there I would probably find myself posing with a penis for a photo op,but since I'm not there one can never be sure.
Tourists pose in front of a penis statue in South Korea's Haeshindang Park, a shrine to fertility dedicated to the legend of a local girl who died a virgin
The shrine, located in the port town of Sinnam, is just an hour away by road from the Winter Olympics site in Pyeongchang
The site is not usually so popular and has drawn crowds from the Olympic site
One of the park's outstanding attraction is a penis shaped cannon (pictured)
As legend would have it, a virgin died in a storm as her boyfriend collected seaweed from a rock in cove close to the park
A carved penis emerges from a pot whilst another stands horizontal from a hillside as tourists look on

No comments:

Post a Comment