Saturday, February 10, 2018

Sadistic Sport

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about ice hockey,no doubt from all the Olympic hype,and that was pretty much it for sleeping as from that point on I was obsessing about ice hockey. To prevent the same sleep interruption I decided to find answers to some of the questions that were bothering me but alas it was a thankless task. There is little known about the violent sport's origin,Canada likes to claim they invented it but there are earlier references that point to England or Denmark. I also found a letter from Charles Darwin to his son talking about him playing ice hockey in his youth which of course predates Canada's claim. So who knows? All I am certain of is that ice skating is hard enough that it seems like there is no valid reason to add sticks and a puck to raise the difficulty level,then again I suppose that is the point.
Probably won't have a post tomorrow as some friends are coming around noon for the wood and some other stuff but I might have time for a quickie later in the day. I can't wait to put the basement ordeal behind me.
Do you think hockey was invented in Canada? Think againDo you think hockey was invented in Canada? Think againProspect Podcast: Best of the Swedes, Noah Dobson and the L.A. pipeline


No comments:

Post a Comment