Friday, September 21, 2018

Public Service

Before I get started today I want to make it clear that I have nothing against marriage or partnerships though neither of the above have ever worked for me. An unlikely source of breakups a 28 year old Scottish comedian has hastened at least 4,000 splits (maybe more that weren't reported) all from a 20 minute routine he does. Done in a joking manner he explains how people are tricked into thinking they have a soulmate and that they aren't complete unless they have found their "one".  I've been trying to get this same message across to people who I've known to be in miserable relationships for many years though very few of them were secure enough with themselves to take the single plunge. Once the luxury of being single is experienced it would take something really special to make a person want to be part of a couple.



No comments:

Post a Comment