Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Free?

Even though I haven't had a flu shot in decades all the advertising that is being done to encourage everyone to get one made me feel like it was my duty to get a "free" flu shot. I made an appointment online to coincide with picking up my prescriptions at Fred Meyer. I filled out the form and thought I was good to go,I get my prescription and am still about 10 minutes early for the "free" flu shot. I wasn't entirely surprised to have to go through everything again,but the real kicker came when I didn't have my Medicare card with me and was told in order to get my "free" flu shot I would need to go home and get it. I asked why they needed my Medicare card if the shot was "free"? and was told,"nothing is really free". So what the hell are all the FREE FLU SHOTS signs about? and what about people who aren't on Medicare?  Okay,end of rant. At least I held it together long enough to not go Karen on someone who was just doing her job. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment