Thursday, October 29, 2020

Red Herring Day

 I got a call from a friend last night (I was already in bed) wishing me a happy birthday,of course it wasn't my birthday but it's the thought that counts. That call made me think about George Carlin's bit on aging how when you're young you want to age quickly so you add and a half to your age or skip ahead a year or two,then you "become" 21 like that is a major accomplishment. Then things start going downhill when you "turn" 30,like milk turning sour. Next you're pushing 40,you reach 50,make it to 60,you hit 70,you get into your 80s then like magic it all starts regressing and you're adding the 1/2 to your age again most likely with the thought that you may not "hit" the next round year. I miss George Carlin he was both funny and wise. 





No comments:

Post a Comment