Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools

Devil's Punchbowl.


Last night I nodded out watching TV. I woke up to the end of a news cast where the announcer said that the Devil's Spout (or Punchbowl ) in Depoe Bay,OR. was going to be filled in with cement today. First thing I thought was how sad,then as I woke up a bit more I thought now wait a minute,#1 how can that be done to a state park? #2 Even if it was done at low tide the cement would never have time to setup before the next high tide came and blasted it all out of there. #3 What would be the point in destroying a natural phenomena that is also a tourist attraction? I turned off the tube and went back to sleep determined to look into it further in the light of day. After many attempts at finding any reference to this faux pas on the stations website I decided that either someone had pranked them for April Fool's Day a little early and they went ahead and put it on the air without verifying the story,or it was the news team's attempt at an April Fool's joke. The latter seems like it might be a bit detrimental to their credibility,but what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment