Monday, April 2, 2012

Seeing Dead People

Before you count me among the crazies,let me say it isn't quite what it sounds like. I think it may be a trick a person's mind plays on them,a way of remembering someone you have lost?
The first time I experienced seeing someone I knew was deceased I was grocery shopping,in the produce area if I recall correctly and I froze in place and if someone were to have told me my mouth was agape I would not have been surprised. The woman I thought I was seeing had died about 2 years before this happened and the person I was seeing was a "dead ringer",if you will excuse the pun. She even had the same mannerisms and body language,the physical looks were amazingly like those of the deceased friend. I had to mentally shake myself to quit staring.
The next time I noted this strange phenomena was last week and this time I was walking downtown and a man driving by in a pickup looked just like another friend that died around 5 years ago,same thick glasses,baseball cap,jacket and the way he had his hand on the steering wheel was all just the same. It is an eerie feeling to say the least,but nice in that it brings back pleasant memories of those that have passed on before me.
If anyone else has had this type of experience I would love to hear about it. First of all it would put me more at ease about it and secondly it is interesting once you get past the initial shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment