Thursday, April 26, 2012

Singing or Screaming?

No,this isn't about music,well not exactly anyway. Every year, this time of year I notice the birds in the morning around 5 or so depending on how light it is from cloud cover and all the other variables,and while most people would say they are singing if you listen it doesn't sound anything at all like singing. What it sounds like to me is they woke up with a start and are screeching at each other...I imagine the dialogue would go something like this... "What the #@!$% one of us was supposed to stay awake to make sure nothing got us!! We are lucky to be alive!! Family meeting!!! This can't happen again!! It is entirely possible that it is another case of my overactive imagination,but compared to the sounds birds make the rest of the day and especially the evening songs that they sing,I think their tunes back me up on this one.
Anyone else with me on this?
 Just so you can go away with a little knowledge today,song birds are from a diverse group known as passerines or passeriformes.
American GoldfinchCommon YellowthroatPurple Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment