Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Name That Weapon!

Time for another jaunt down my personal,perpetual path of weirdness. I have always had a propensity for naming things,not just the normal things people name like pets and children,I take it several levels above that. I've always named my vehicles,which doesn't seem too unusual,but I also name pieces of art I have collected (paintings,a carving,and a statue),my computers and several plants. I even named a small school of Neon Tetras that I had,though admittedly since I couldn't tell them apart because they were always moving and pretty much looked alike,so their names were Chain,Chain,Chain,Chain of Fools. Oddly enough I never named my handgun,I seem to have missed a trick there.
We all know that King Arthur's sword was Excalibur,but did you know it's original name was Caliburn? How about King Arthur's knife/dagger? Camwennan. His shield? Wynebgwrthucher. I saved the best for last as for some reason it cracks me up... King Arthur's spear/lance...Ron!
I feel duty bound to end today's blog with a honorable mention to Mack the Knife!

1 comment:

  1. The spear was called "Rhongomyniad." I think "Rhon" or "Ron" as you spelled it, means "spear" in English, and the rest means "Striker."

    ReplyDelete