Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fresh or Frozen?

This weekend marked the 30th annual Crab,Seafood and Wine Festival. It started out as the Crab Festival but the name was added to as local wine and beer became the more popular part of the event. It also features several musical acts that vary in type. I haven't been since the 80's,it is way too crowded for me,I don't enjoy being packed in tight like sardines whether for a seafood festival or not. I also prefer my crab and shellfish during the cooler months when it is at its peak. They claim the crab is fresh caught,but I have serious doubts about that claim. Firstly the end of the season is near and I can't see the crabbers bringing in enough crab to supply the event,secondly many of the crab boats have already changed their boats gear so the fleet is too small at this time of year for that amount of product. The festival is one of the most popular Oregon events and is the first of many local festivals that fun throughout the summer and into the fall.
Crab logo 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment