Saturday, September 15, 2012

Invisibility Made Easy

Opal is the birthstone for the month I was born,and  I never noticed myself being invisible when I wear opals...but then again how would a person notice? I have heard that it is bad luck for a person to wear opal if it isn't their birthstone,but I have also heard amethyst prevents drunkenness,and I know that isn't true! No need to mess with Harry Potter's invisibility cloak and all that bothersome keeping covered by it all you need is to wear opals.
Through the ages opals have been credited with magical properties. It was thought to enhance psychic abilities,gift the bearer with acute sight,but cloud the eyes of others,this is also the basis for the opal supplying invisibility to the bearer. Opals were also thought to have teleportation powers. A piece of opal jewelry might suddenly disappear only to turn up weeks or months later (this happens to me on a regular basis with items totally unrelated to opals).
I would have loved to have visited an opal mine when I traveled to Australia,unfortunately time was short. I did visit several jewelry stores in Sydney as was amazed at the variety.
Opal PendantOpal JewelryJewelry Opalsclick for more detail

No comments:

Post a Comment