Monday, February 18, 2013

Commercially Speaking

Like most people when I watch TV I tend to tune out the commercials,in fact to facilitate the process I keep reading material close at hand to aid me in that venture. So when I am distracted by a commercial I figure it is either extremely good or extremely bad. Call it morbid fascination with the bad ones,but some of the enjoyable ones leave me equally mystified. Last night I heard one for a local mattress warehouse and I am not sure if I misheard, or if it was a blooper,or maybe it was intentional,but what I thought I heard was "Huge President's Mattress Sale"...so does that mean they were selling mattresses for the extra large presidents? If so it would be a shame that our heaviest president,William Howard Taft had not lived to partake. Taft was over 350 pounds,but in all fairness he was 6 feet tall and in pictures doesn't look too overweight. On the flip side of the biggest of our fearless leaders,the smallest president was James Madison at less than 100 pounds and standing 5 feet 4 inches. Enough about that ad,the one that I think really deserves mention is the Kia Hamsters commercials,not only do the grab and hold your attention but by the time they are over I haven't even considered it odd that there were hamsters driving,but maybe that is just me?
kia_ad.top.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment