Saturday, February 23, 2013

Silly Bets

I couldn't tell you how long I have been doing this,or when it started. It could have been something I was taught to do as a child,though I have no recollection of it. What I am talking about is coming to the end of the toothpaste tube,when it gets to the near empty point I start mentally betting with myself how many more brushing I will be able to get from that tube before I give up and throw it in the trash. Now mind you at this point I usually have already purchased a new tube of toothpaste and there is no reason for me to battle the last little bit out of the old tube...other than for the challenge. You may be thinking that I should look for something meaningful to challenge me,but the point is I would do it anyway,it is like a tease to see how much more is really in there. I have at times in the past stopped to think that maybe the tube needed to be redesigned in order to end the battle,but what would be the fun in that? While I have no real evidence of this, I firmly believe that I am not the only one that puts up the good fight for the last squeeze,it just seems so human I couldn't be the only one...could I?

No comments:

Post a Comment