Saturday, February 2, 2013

Fingers Crossed

Let's hope that Phil (the groundhog) is correct this year and that spring is just around the corner. I wanted to include the semi-local Frognosticator "Snohomish Slew" but his event takes place from 11-1 and I have no idea when someone will post the Groundfrog results. If I remember to check back tomorrow I will let you know what his prediction was.
After deciding on the title for today's blog I was planning on offering the history behind crossed fingers,but other than invoking the shape of the cross (I don't see it as cross like at all) it just means hoping for a good outcome. The only other meaning I found was when Christians were persecuted by the Romans they used crossed fingers to be recognized by fellow Christians. Whatever the case,keep your fingers crossed for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment