Sunday, December 22, 2013

More Bang For Your Buck

Before I get carried away with today's post I wanted to assure those of you who might be wondering that after another hour on the phone my computer issue was resolved. Now on with "the rest of the story".
I just happened across a piece of information that I was unaware of,there is always the chance that I am the last person on the planet to be aware of it,and sometimes that is the case. The information I am referring to is that Ecuador uses the US dollar as its official currency. Panama also uses US currency,but that didn't seem as surprising to me. The good news is that if you choose Ecuador as a travel destination your dollar goes a lot further. Coffee (not espresso stand style) can still be had for .25-.35 a cup,if that isn't how you start your day a large glass of made to order juice can be purchased for $1. Soda or bottled water runs from .30 to .60 cents depending on size. If you feel ill in your new surroundings pills for what ails you can be purchased individually. A large bottle of beer is just $1 as are some mixed drinks. The only drawback I heard of was a reluctance to make change,so you might plan on bringing your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment