Monday, December 16, 2013

Snooze-Fest

Just when a person thinks they have heard it all,something pops up to prove them wrong. I've never been a fan of reality TV,but apparently I am a minority in that respect. The latest trend is even more unsettling to me and as one reality producer stated,"It's a perfect example of how insane our industry is". Anyone know what I am leading up to? It is called "Slow TV",which includes programs like 12 hours of firewood burning and other non-stimulating coverage of cameras on fixed subjects. The idea behind Slow TV is that it doesn't demand your attention,but allows you to sit back and relax. Call me old fashioned but I can think of hundreds of things to do to relax without the aid of a TV. Have people actually been reduced to that amount of dependency?
Norway’s ‘Slow TV’ format coming to US

No comments:

Post a Comment