Monday, December 23, 2013

Wisdom Comes With Age?

I heard about this story on my way back from the store this morning and could hardly believe the details offered. This story is wrong on so many levels it makes me angry. First on the list is the man who was stealing a can of gas was 62 years old,it seems like he should have learned stealing was wrong by his age. Secondly it doesn't seem like he was destitute in his thieving,but rather doing what he was accustomed to doing (stealing). Thirdly,he had enough money to by cigarettes (since they are under lock and key I assume he hadn't stolen them) so more than likely he had enough money to pay for the amount of gas he stole. It may sound uncharitable,but I feel like he got what he deserved when he lit himself and his car on fire because he was smoking as he poured the purloined fuel into his gas tank. From the appearance of his car (pre-fire) it wasn't a total junker,so that also points to his lack of excuse for the theft. He was arrested on charges of criminal mischief,reckless burning and theft,but I doubt he will get as much time as he should for his dastardly deed.

No comments:

Post a Comment