Sunday, January 19, 2014

Boomer Style

Along with the numerous other contributions to modern culture,Baby Boomers are putting the fun into funerals. A while back I wrote a blog about how the music for funerals had been changing from the dirges common to funerals to rock music, which to me is a welcome change,but now the rest of the funeral scene is undergoing a makeover. Some of the theme funerals that are becoming increasingly popular include: Christmas inspired,complete with reindeer,elves and snow,BBQ,sports (basketball,boxing,bowling,and TV sports viewers). Out of all the choices I read about I would still prefer cremation with the ashes sealed in a biodegradable urn and dropped into the ocean. If I had to be buried I would choose a book themed funeral where those in attendance could come as there favorite literary character and I would be laid to rest in a book-coffin eventually making me an actual bookworm!
Festive spirit: One client opted for a Christmas-inspired service, complete with reindeer, alpacas and snow
In keeping with the theme: Many of Mr Beckwith's clients choose different shaped coffins
Sporting touch: A boxing fanatic is honored in the ring

No comments:

Post a Comment