Friday, January 24, 2014

Tax Time

Taxes are on the minds of many this time of year. I thought as a service to my fellow tax payers I would share with you one of the ways your tax dollar is spent. An internal audit by the EPA discovered a warehouse maintained by contractors for the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency). The warehouse featured secret rooms full of televisions,couches and exercise equipment. The contractors had used partitions,screens and stacked boxes to hide the rooms from security cameras in the 70,000 square foot building which the EPA leases for $750,000 a year. The responsible contractor has been paid $5.3 million since 2007. Geez! I don't know about everyone else,but it seems like the EPA could have offered the standard employees lounge, the kind provided for regular folks. I wonder how many other government agencies have secret employee hideouts?
man-cave-600

No comments:

Post a Comment